Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It was a really hot day...

I finally started priming the house today!! I picked up primer at Sherwin Williams that would fill in all the cracks in the old paint job. There was a little more prep work to do on the front and back. After a few hours I started painting.

Bad news - It was super hot today.
Good news - I got a little bit of a tan and hopefully burned a few calories!

The primer looks good, although you can still see some of the "alligatoring" from the previous paint when up close. It looks great from the street though. I can't wait to see what it will look like with some color! We've been staring at the white for so long. We decided to go with a Valspar color from Lowes (Woodlawn Juniper). We will get the color matched at Sherwin Williams.

Tomorrow I will start priming again and hopefully get all the low parts of the house - I would rather not get on a 32 foot ladder like Matt and Adam!


I decided to save all detail work (windows, doors, etc) for last. Can you tell?


Top part is too far to reach on a "normal" ladder - therefore I won't be doing it.


Left side (primed) - right side (not primed) - obviously :)


Our adorable pup admiring the new paint job - door still crappy looking though!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

great job b! love, s

sabo_meenyo said...

oh my goodness!! i didn't realize *that's* what you were painting today!! way to go!!! your house is back on my running route, so i'll be checking your progress :)

Kelly said...

Please stick to what you said and DO NOT get on that big ladder while you are home alone...thanks! Love you, Kel