Thursday, December 18, 2008

So close we can TASTE it...

The kitchen is so close to being completed, we can taste it (*pun intended*). The cabinets are officially painted and have been delivered to our house.

Newly painted cabinets, fresh off the delivery van.


I'm not sure that we'll wrap everything up by this Saturday as planned, but it will be - for the most part - a functional kitchen. One with running water, countertops (let's call them "work surfaces" for now), and appliances. You know - things you take for granted when you have them but desperately miss when you go without for a few months.

The first wall cabinet hung; two floor units awaiting installation.


We will (hopefully) finish the plumbing under the sink and install the last of the cabinets tonight. Blair's dad came over last night and helped us for a good 7 hours. I'd say we have another 3 to go.

The first three units and the sink in place. The garbage disposal installation has begun.


After that, we have to get our counter tops ready, install the trim atop the counters, and then install the backsplash. I don't want to give too much info away (the materials we are using are TOP SECRET) - so you'll have to check back to see the final product.

The whole shebang on our main wall. The dishwasher will go to the right of the sink, and an 18" cabinet that we repurposed will go on the opposite wall next to the stove.


Brand new faucet over our newly refinished vintage porcelain sink. Good stuff.

2 comments:

faith said...

Wow! What a pretty kitchen-in-progress!

I hope this isn't too stalkerish, but I followed you over from Design*Sponge's Columbus roundup. We're neighbors; my husband and I live just a street over on Crestview.

I manage Apartment Therapy's food site, The Kitchn, and if you're interested in sharing a tour of your kitchen and some renovation stories when it's all done I'd love to have it!

Best of luck - it all looks so cheery and beautiful.

Faith
faith@apartmenttherapy.com

Justine said...

I absolutely love the red cabinets! Thanks for stopping by my blog!